- Learning Research Coordinator – Freed-Hardeman University
Date Posted: No Provided
Date Closing: 6/1/2017
Position Type: Full-time
Pay: Not Provided
Education Requirement: An earned Masters of Library and Information Studies from an institution accredited by the American Library Association.
Experience Requirement: Additional experience or training in school libraries preferred.
Location: Henderson, TN
Job Summary: The LRL Coordinator will oversee the Learning Resource Library (LRL) that serves primarily the faculty, students, and staff of the Education Department. The LRL Coordinator will oversee the LRL and its materials and resources. The Coordinator will work with the Loden-Daniel Library Director on budgeting and planning for institutional effectiveness and will collaborate to prepare documentation for visiting accrediting organizations as needed and requested.
Middle Tennessee State University
- Circulation Assistant – Walker Library
Date Posted: 4/11/2017
Date Closing: 4/25/2017
Type of Position: Full-Time
Pay: $24,077 – $28,893
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree. High school diploma or high school equivalency and five years of customer service, secretarial, and/or clerical work experience may be considered in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree.
Experience Required: One year of progressively responsible customer service, secretarial, and/or clerical experience required. Two years progressively responsible library experience preferred.
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Position Summary: Position works Mondays through Fridays, 6:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. Supervise Circulation Desk functions to include training and scheduling 20 – 30 Circulation student workers; ensure adequate staff coverage during the shift. Check out and check in Walker Library circulating materials according to established protocols. Assist patrons to locate Walker Library materials as necessary. Explain Library Circulation policies to patrons and resolve discrepancies. Assist in developing, updating, and maintain student assistant training program and perform other related tasks as assigned.
University of Tennesse System
- Instruction Librarian – University Of Tennessee-Chattanooga
Date Posted: 3/31/2017
Date Closing: 5/5/2017
Type of Position: This is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position with faculty status and academic rank. The appointment will be at the rank of Assistant or Associate professor.
Pay: minimum is $45,000, commensurate with experience.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program.
- Minimum one year of experience in academic library instruction, including developing learning outcomes, instructional materials, and collaborating with faculty to integrate library instruction into coursework.
- Experience providing reference services, preferably in an academic setting.
- Understanding of current and emerging trends, concepts, and theories in library instruction and higher education.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills evidenced by the ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, faculty, staff and students.
- Demonstrated learner-oriented approach to instruction and other library services.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage projects.
- Ability and commitment to conduct independent scholarship consistent with a tenure-track faculty appointment.
- Commitment to engage in continuing professional development.
UTC Librarians are expected to participate in library-wide and system-wide planning, University governance and service, and to be professionally active.
- Experience related to the assessment of instructional initiatives.
- Experience related to instructional design, instructional technologies, educational technologies, or the equivalent.
- Experience working with a First-Year student success program.
- Experience engaging and serving diverse user populations and information environments
Location: Hamilton County, TN
Position Summary: The UTC Library seeks a motivated, creative, and user-focused professional for the position of tenure-track Instruction Librarian in the Library’s Instruction Department. This is a great opportunity for a professional interested in working in a busy mid-sized academic library focused on providing user-centered services in a dynamic, transparent, and flexible environment.